Old 21-08-2006, 10:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(in Normandy\)[_2_] David \(in Normandy\)[_2_] is offline

Default Wasps again

I have used a puffer with a white powder in sold for killing ants (Derris
dust I think - can you still get that?) anyway the important part is the
powder, wait until evening and puff some into the nest entrance, wasps
going
in and out get some on them and are cleaned by the other wasps in the
nest,
within 24 hours all the wasps will be dead including the queen. Have to
say
though the petrol method sounds kind of fun!
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.

I wonder if Derris dust or Petrol will work on moles ;-) A number of hills
keep appearing amongst my leek patch. I've tried mole traps and earthworms
treated with special mole poison. I've also tried old cooking oil down the
holes to no avail and urine - it is supposed to frighten them off thinking a
large predator lives there. Perhaps its time to up the stakes and go for a
gallon of petrol and a long fuse :-()) ? I've got more moles than MI5 !
--
David
.... Email address on website http://www.avisoft.co.uk