Old 21-08-2006, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] dazzhiggins@hotmail.com is offline

Default mushroom compost

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "Des Higgins" contains these words:

sadly, I have no idea what they do with their spent compost or how to
get any.

What made me reply with such incredulity Janet was the idea that I had
never
heard of google.

My apologies. I should have supplied a mixed bag of unwrapped, self
adhesive emoticons with full international instructions, for you to
apply wherever you need them most.

My own google search took seconds, not hours, and supplied a dozen
results showing what they do with spent mushroom compost in Ireland;
which made me think you could not have looked in google for an answer to
that question.(insert emoticon of your choice)

I have spent hours googling for anyone who would sell me
mushroom comost and deliver it to Dublin (and the local yellow pages and a
bloke I met in a pub and his brother). No one wanted to. Several places
said I was welcome to come and get it.

Well, there you go (insert emoticon) So, from having "no idea how to
get any" in your post above, from my post now you do know how at least
one way to get some. (Insert emoticon) If you don't own a
car/pickup/landrover perhaps you know someone who does? (Insert
emoticon).

I don't and all the googling in the world does not help.
All I did was comment on how I wished Madingley Mulches delivered to
Ireland as I could not get anyone to deliver mushroom compost to me.
Google is neother here nor there and Is merely an excuse for you to be
patronising.
I do not have a trailer. I do not even have a drivers license.
I do not know anyone with a trailer.
All I want is someone to deliver mushroom compost to my house in Dublin
just like I once did in England.
Can you find someone who will do that by googling?
I can see dozens and dozens of sites about mushroom growing.

Janet.