Old 21-08-2006, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default How can I succeed with cabbages?

Pam Moore wrote:
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:36:29 +0100, Chris ] wrote:

How can I succeed with cabbages?
Specifically - how can I best net them against butterflies?

Make a netting cage but putting canes in the ground, putting yogurt
pots on each cane and draping the net over that.

I've never done it, but I think I've heard it said that old net
curtains would do the job: you could stock up very cheaply at jumble
sales! Not sure they'd withstand UV well in the open air, but they
could be cheap enough for that not to matter.

--
Mike.