Old 21-08-2006, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default Sowing Lawn - by hand or spreader?

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
"Davy" wrote in message
I am just about to seed a 300sq m lawn. Anyone any experience of using
either:
- scattering by hand
- hand powered rotary scatterer
- wheeled seed sower

Any recommendations regarding which of these works best?

thanks

Davy

No experience of powered seed sowers but with all three methods I would
always spread seed at half the rate suggested and do the job twice.
300 sq.m.should be a fairly easy hand job.

I'm probably more of a klutz than the average bear, but I've found it
impossible to get an even spread when broadcasting by hand. Rupert is
right: with any method do it twice, and make the second pass at right
angles to the first.

--
Mike.