Old 21-08-2006, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert[_2_] Robert[_2_] is offline

Default How can I succeed with cabbages?

"Chris" ] wrote in message
]...
: How can I succeed with cabbages?
: Specifically - how can I best net them against butterflies?
:
: --
: Chris
For the general question, you need a well limed, site that is well firmed
down before planting to enable the cabbages to heart up properly. I always
net against pigeons and depending on the size of the net, these may help
keep out the butterflies but not all of them, so every week or so, after the
first site of the caterpillars, I pull back the nets and squash them all.

www.rraa.moonfruit.com