Old 22-08-2006, 07:23 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default tomatoes

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have tomatoes plants of different varieties in the ground and in 5
gal.buckets and they are all cracking on the top of the tomatoe its
self. Can someone help me out with this problem?

What the other two people said about extremes of moisture vs dryness is
right. Beside watering regularly and evenly, which involves work, you should
also mulch the plants, which helps minimize rapid drying. If you have not
poisoned your lawn with weed killers & pesticides, and if you mower has a
bagging attachment, you have a free source of excellent mulch.