Old 22-08-2006, 03:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] delcolja@mail.ab.edu is offline

Default mini-Catt repotting in moss?

danny wrote:
Alan Koch at Gold Country Orchids in California is one of the top mini-catt
breeders and he grows them in moss. If I recall correctly he puts some
styrofoam peanuts in the bottom of a clay pot and then wraps the roots in
moss and sticks it in the pot. When he moves up to the next pot size he
just pulls it out of the pot, wraps some more moss around it and sticks it
in the bigger pot....

Sounds like it's a matter of convenience for him.

I pot catts of all sizes in Diatomite. They grow and bloom well.

J. Del Col