Old 22-08-2006, 04:20 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Heidi the Horrible Heidi the Horrible is offline

Default Piddle patches

I have the "bitch urine" problem, too. Male dogs pee all over the place and
don't tend to kill the grass because of the dispersion. My beta female,
however, squats and pees a concentrated assault to my yard and then the pack
leader sniffs it out and pees right on top for the double whammy. This
double smart bomb is hell on the grass.

I've tried several things...

1) ignore it, it's just grass
2) leave a watering can by the back door. Watch where the bitches go in the
morning and hose it down.
3) I set the sprinkler timer to run a few minutes after I usually let the
dogs out first thing in the morning.
4) Once in a while I use the hose to flush the dead area of pollutants and
then drop a few grass seeds there and it grows in.

That morning pee is the worst because it tends to be the most.

None of this is a cure but it keeps it reasonable.