Old 22-08-2006, 03:34 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Retaining wall

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 02:41:34 GMT, "Jonny"
wrote:

Yard in front of house has a downward slope away from the house. It
averages about 1" per foot, more slope as it goes away from the house. The
fence is about 30' away from the house. I do not want the lawn down to the
fence. Decided on a retaining wall about 20' away from the house in front
allowing about 1/4" per foot slope away from the house.
I've used up all the surface limestone rocks on my property for other
things. Too hot for a rock bar to dig up more. Looking for some flat type
rock I can mortar up and lay for a retaining wall. Need about 60' length
retaining wall.
Where do I get such stone?
Do I have to pour concrete as a base for this wall?

The material you may want to look at is limestone dry stack. The
stones are natural on the side, but flat on bottom and top. Call
around to the rock yards in the area. I know there are a few in Round
Rock.