Old 22-08-2006, 01:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ron Clark Ron Clark is offline

Default Wasps again

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 15:20:03 GMT, Pam Moore
wrote this (or the missive included
this):

My son has tried to buy wasp killer, at B&Q and another place with no
success.
Thanks Charlie for the derris dust idea. It sounds safer and kinder
to the lavender bush than diesel or similar!

I recently cleared a wasp nest overnight. It was under the eaves of
next door's roof. I used three bursts of Nippon Wasp Nest destroyer
(foam aerosol) which you can direct into the nest entrance from up to
3 metres away. Available in garden centres. I have previously used a
similar product (RAID) which cleared out a nest in a roof space over
my front porch.

They do not like it up 'em. Spray hard and run. Then give them a
second burst for luck after a couple of hours. Works for me.
--
®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³