Old 23-08-2006, 04:08 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default my town is run by commies!

"higgledy" wrote in message
oups.com...
My town's new in-ground irrigation ORDINANCE:

THE PERMIT FEE SHALL BE TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS ($200.00). ADDITIONALLY
THE APPLICANT SHALL OBTAIN A PLUMBING PERMIT FROM FREDERICK COUNTY.

They even specify the controller:

SUCH TECHNOLOGICAL DEVICES, SOMETIMES REFERRED TO AS "SMART
CONTROLLERS", SHALL INCLUDE:
(A) RAIN SENSORS WHICH PREVENT THE USE OF THE SYSTEMS DURING RAIN
OR OTHER PRECIPITATION EVENTS.
(B) GROUND SENSORS WHICH MEASURE THE MOISTURE IN THE SOIL TO AVOID
UNNECESSARY USE OF THE SYSTEM WHEN THE GROUND MOISTURE IS HIGH; AND
A. PROGRAMMABLE TIMER SYSTEMS TO PREVENT THE USE OF THE
SYSTEM DURING TIMES OF WATER RESTRICTIONS AS ESTABLISHED BY ORDINANCE
OR BY THE BURGESS AND COMMISSIONERS PURSUANT TO TITLE 13 OF THIS CODE.
B. INSTALLER SHALL PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF TRAINING OR
CERTIFICATION FOR THE DESIGN AND INSTALLATION OF IRRIGATION SYSTEMS.

Often enough to be nauseating, I see sprinkler systems running on bright
sunny days when it's windy. In terms of using the water most effectively,
that's the worst possible time to do it. Anyone with a brain knows that.
It's been common knowledge since I first heard it, around 1968.

What can we conclude from this? Simple: Too many owners of sprinkler systems
are morons. It's good to make their lives difficult.

Oh, and if you read a few news sources written for grownups, you'll notice
that water is not an infinite resource.