Old 23-08-2006, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,uk.rec.gardening,rec.ponds,alt.pets.cats
Dick Dick is offline

Default Washing Your Cat

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 23:56:19 GMT, The Polish-Kraut
wrote:

Some people have the misconception that cats never have to be bathed.

Well, unless they have a serious mess, I guess I'm under that
misconception too.

So am I. My oldest, Romeo, had to be put down in March at age 19. In all
of his years he never had a bath. And his fur was always clean and soft.
Er, neither did Kimmy, age 16, and my Winston (sitting at my feet as I
type), age 17.

To the best of my knowledge, cats aren't people, and do not have to be
washed, unless some serious soiling takes place.

I will never forget when I first got into cats and really knew nothing
about them and I tryed to give our deceased Moses a bath!! Worse
experience of my life!! I was lucky to get out of it with my life!!

Up until then I had no idea that cats did not like water!! A hard
learned lesson I will never forget!!

My furbabies

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

I think washing is overrated; dogs, cats, people, whatever. There is
a difference between need to wash and aesthetic washing.

I have never washed my dogs. At most I will clean a "dirty" spot. I
used to shower myself daily, now once a week. I live with just my 2
dogs and my fish, so no nose is offended. My dogs like my smell just
fine and no person has complained.

Why put yourself and your cats through the stress?

dick