Old 24-08-2006, 12:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default giant zucchini recipes

William L. Rose wrote:
Remember me? I couldn't get my zucchini started. Eventually, I got a
half dozen proper size zucchinis and then the diabolical plant stopped
producing, or so I thought. I am now the proud owner of a 18" long x 4"
diameter zucchini. I know there is a perfectly good recipe forum (where
I have posted) but I know that you people have already have had to deal
with this problem. I know I can make bread. Any other ideas?
Don't know why I'm so surprised, again,
- Bill

There was a recent discussion in rec.food.cooking about giant zucchini;
about a week ago I think. You should be able to find it.

If you peel it and seed it and cut it up right, they make a pretty good
mock apple pie (I believe Ma made a green pumpkin pie once in one of
those Laura Ingalls Wilder _Little House_ books)

They also make OK relish or pickle chunks.

Bob