Old 24-08-2006, 03:38 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Ledford Jim Ledford is offline

Default Lawnmower Stalls when I engage the blades

Srgnt Billko wrote:

Harlan^Man wrote:
I have a problem, I was mowing the yard the other day, all of the sudden
the mower quits. When I put everything in normal start position the mower
starts fine, It runs great too, until you engage the blades, it bogs and
stalls. I have check the deck and pulleys for twigs or grass clumps...
nothing there.

The mower is a Lowes brand, 14hp Briggs 42 inch cut, early to mid 90's I
reckon.

I checked the gas cap to see if it was clogged, not a problem. To be sure
tried all this with the gas cap off too.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as my wife is ****ed about the yard
becoming a jungle.

Thanks!
Harlan

Does this beast have it's normal power without the blades engaged or is it
running but underpowered ?

If it has normal power you probably have seized the bearings in one of the
spindles.

given the available information that's a pretty good diagnoses.

If it is underpowered it could be any number of problems with the motor.