Old 23-08-2006, 05:45 PM posted to triangle.gardens
ncstockguy ncstockguy is offline

Default Black Widow problems

They are not that common but they are around. They are especially drawn
to woodpiles, old wood, rotten wood and dark areas. There's probably a
group of them that hatched out of one egg batch. I would just use a
strong insecticide on that area and see if any more turn up.

Susan H. Simko wrote:
Scott Dianis wrote:
I recently moved down to the area, and have now killed three black widow
spiders on the side of my house in the past month. They seem to keep
reappearing in the same area. Should I be calling an exterminator, or
are these spiders just a fact of life down here?

Black Widows are common to this area. I don't see them that often (they
tend to like dark, hidden places) but just killed one last weekend in
the corner of my garage.

--
Susan
shsimko[at]duke[dot]edu