Old 23-08-2006, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
EddSmith EddSmith is offline

Default Sowing Lawn - by hand or spreader?

Hello,

I always use a wheel driven distributor. Hand sowing is ok for small
patches and I've never used a hand distributor but would imagine that
it wouldn't give an even spread because of having to keep a constant
speed on the krank in relation to your walking pace, but with a wheeled
distributor all you have to worry about is keeping your walking pace
constant. Also everyone is right about making 2 passes, one at right
angles to the other.

Edd Smith