Old 24-08-2006, 02:08 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default And some people say there's no God...

On 24 Aug 2006 04:19:55 -0700, "thomas p."
wrote:

There are no objective Or subjective, repeatable, peer-reviewed
studies that provide any evidence that reincarnation does NOT exist.

Is the above supposed to have some meaning?

Yes, it means there is no imperical evidence to support either the
existence or non existence of reincarnation.

That's why with most religions confidence is underlying.

Not too different is suspension of disbelief when you see a movie
which makes no sense.

Right, it is make-believe.

You think it's make believe. That doesn't mean it is. I am also not
saying it's real, only that as an atheist I find I can be Buddhist.
It's a lovely way to live, good moral conduct, mindfulness, benefit to
others, etc. It works for me. If it doesn't mean anything to you
that's fine also. It's your thing, do what you want to do.