Old 24-08-2006, 02:12 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default OK to transplant 5gal Peach Tree??

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 01:44:44 GMT, "Godfry"
wrote:

"BB" wrote in message
We're heading into the hottest month of the year here in California.
And,
I know that transplanting in hot weather is usually a bad idea.

I transport semi truck loads of deciduous & evergreens to job sites. Most
retail nurseries will tell their consumers not to plant or even transport
during the hot season.

You will notice commercial, government, high end residential landscaping
does not stop because of heat.

My question is this: Should I wait for it to go dormant before planting
in
the ground? Or, should I just try to insulate the pot (standard black
plastic) from the high heat to help conserve moisture? Or put the tree,
pot and all into a hole in the ground and then do the bareroot planting
come winter?

I would get a product for root stimulation, such as MyCor Tree Saver. Use
as directed.

Liquid seaweed is a root stimulation tool and it gives fauna in the
soil a good tonic.