Old 24-08-2006, 02:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
leesaj leesaj is offline

Default giant zucchini recipes

I grate up those big Zukes and freeze in 1 cup packages. When making
chocolate or carrot cake I mix in one cup. It adds moistness, and some
nutricional value ; ). Makes a mix cake taste more 'made from
scratch'. No one will know that there is zuke in there.

Another recipe is to slice zukes and tomatoes, layer in a baking dish,
sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, oregano and drizzle with oil (Olive
oil). Bake for about 30 minutes at 350 F. Smells like pizza and
taste very good.

Leesa

William L. Rose wrote:
Remember me? I couldn't get my zucchini started. Eventually, I got a
half dozen proper size zucchinis and then the diabolical plant stopped
producing, or so I thought. I am now the proud owner of a 18" long x 4"
diameter zucchini. I know there is a perfectly good recipe forum (where
I have posted) but I know that you people have already have had to deal
with this problem. I know I can make bread. Any other ideas?
Don't know why I'm so surprised, again,
- Bill