Old 24-08-2006, 02:55 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default Lawnmower Stalls when I engage the blades

"Stubby" wrote in message
. ..
Sounds to me like a problem with the throttle control. As the speed
decreases, its supposed to increase the throttle.

I think you are refering to the "governor". Good point.

This provides the additional power needed. Without knowing what kind of
carburetor you have, I can only suggest clearing off the rods and springs
on the sides of the carb to be certain they are free. Wildly tightening
the carb adjustments probably won't help because something is wrong and
needs to be repaired.

Harlan^Man wrote:
I have a problem, I was mowing the yard the other day, all of the sudden
the mower quits. When I put everything in normal start position the
mower starts fine, It runs great too, until you engage the blades, it
bogs and stalls. I have check the deck and pulleys for twigs or grass
clumps... nothing there.

The mower is a Lowes brand, 14hp Briggs 42 inch cut, early to mid 90's I
reckon.

I checked the gas cap to see if it was clogged, not a problem. To be
sure tried all this with the gas cap off too.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as my wife is ****ed about the yard
becoming a jungle.

Thanks!
Harlan