Old 24-08-2006, 03:07 PM posted to aus.gardens
Dave -Turner[_1_] Dave -Turner[_1_] is offline

Default Aphids on my roses, time to wage war

My iceberg has had half-hearted buds and flowers all winter, and the buds
have been completely covered in aphids. fricking birds get their seeds
right over the roses, but they haven't et the aphids.

??? i didnt think birds ate aphids - arent they a bit too small for their
liking? i know Ladybirds love em tho

You can rub off the aphids

That's how it seems at the moment because they're all clusterd together on
the bud sites - perhaps i can dunk each budsite in a bowl of water and shake
them off into the water to drown the little *******s

make up a bowl of soapy water. Won't kill the ladybirds that way.

Why soapy? and should it be neutral temperature, or cold or luke-warm or hot
or ... ?

Or you can just nuke them with slayaphe.

Never heard of it but i'll google it - I'd prefer a more biofriendly/natural
solution tho