Old 24-08-2006, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(in Normandy\) David \(in Normandy\) is offline

Default Calling all northern Sweetcorn growers

Isn't maize grown as a silage crop ie the whole plant is cut, chopped &
fermented. the fruiting bit is less important

I remember Jersey farmers who grew maize as cattle fodder telling me that
there is a difference in taste between that and what we humans grow and
enjoy.
--
Sacha

That bears out what our English neighbours (1/2 mile away!) said. They tried
boiling a couple of cobs of the farmers maize/sweetcorn that was growing
right up to their boundary and apparently it was inedible.
--
David
.... Email address on website http://www.avisoft.co.uk