Old 24-08-2006, 08:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] mlywly@gmail.com is offline

Default Well rotted compost and organic plant matter

My parent's back yard is filled with what seems to be excellent
organic, composted plant matter. Thier property lies on a
(off-shoot?!?), of the Manatee river in FL. There are many large Oak
trees, a few Cypress trees, Philodendron and, lots of larger Ferns
living on the floor.
My question is this... the soil looks incredibly rich and wonderful. I
am getting ready to create a raised organic bed ( 7x9) and I REALLY
have to amend my 'plot'. Currently the only 'dirt' I have in my yard is
good ole FL sand!
Thanks in advance for advice.
K--