Old 25-08-2006, 01:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
simy1 simy1 is offline

Default Heirloom tomatoes in Upper Midwest

wrote:
simy1 wrote:

Why are our Brandywines taking so long? Why is there such a fruit size
difference between Stupice and Brandywines? Only one Brandywine showed
blossom end rot; bought some hydrated lime but not applied. They are
planted in same plot. Our first frost date is October 1st. Regards,
Phil

Brandywine are late season. Stupice are ultra early, and yellow pear
are early.
I use wood ash to lime my tomatoes (and everything else). If you were
to get San Marzano and Early Girl, you would be growing every tomato I
am growing.