Old 25-08-2006, 02:02 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
simy1 simy1 is offline

Default giant zucchini recipes

George Shirley wrote:
Big zukes are similar to what the Brits call "vegetable marrow." Very
large squash with a whitish flesh, slice lengthwise, scoop out the seeds
and connective tissue, fill with a meat/veggie dressing, bake until
tender and dressing is done. Eat the whole thing excepting the skin.

I've done it a time or two with oversized zucchini and it isn't bad at
all. Probably some recipes on the web.

George

George's recipe is one I have tried too, and it was good. The filling
was a sort of drier chili (ground meat, tomato sauce and spices). It
was a big dish all told, serving six.We also like cleaning it as above,
cutting in 1/2X1/2X1/8 pieces ad saute' with salt, pepper, garlic,
various herbs from garden chopped finely and lemon. The lemons (four
lemons for such a large one I suggest) impart tartness to the
otherwise bland thing. Nice side dish.