Old 25-08-2006, 03:31 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] is offline

Default My pumpkins keep setting fruit

In article ,
Jon Shemitz wrote:

I'm growing pumpkins (for Halloween) in my corn. I picked a
particularly spready variety this year (Johnny's "Expert") and it
keeps setting new fruit. I keep picking the babies and chucking them
in the compost, so that I'll get a few big pumpkins instead of a bunch
of little ones.

Are baby pumpkins tasty? Can I substitute them for squash in various
summer stews, or would I just be wasting good tomatoes and corn?

YES!!! :-)

My mom introduced me to baby pumpkins as a veggie.
They are mild and delicious! We ate them green about the size of
baseballs.

Please report when you try them? :-)

We just sliced and steamed them, and served them with a bit of lemon
butter...
--
Peace!
Om