Old 24-08-2006, 04:39 PM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat
Quilljar Quilljar is offline

Default Baby goldfish - overwinter inside?

gardencottage wrote:
you don't say where you are located or what the winters are like in
you area

we are in UK - south. probably doesnt drop below freezing for no mor
than 12 hours at a time and not very often although everyone says i
will be a cold winter this year. our goldfish and shabumkins hav
survived two fairly mild winters so far.

The only thing I would caution in your case is the depth of the pond
approx 18" - is not very deep for a COLD climate.

we reckon its more like 2 feet but still too shallow for babies? wha
if we got a water heater? i wouldnt know the first thing about keepin
fish indoors - do we use a tank

We are also in Hampshire south of UK. Our goldfish are breeding in the pond
which we had deepened to about 3 feet. I think you will be Ok over winter as
long as it does not freeze. Our little ones all survived last winter.

--

Quilly,

Have a look at the new Anti-Spyware program CounterSpy
I recommend it, it worked for me at,

http://quilljar.users.btopenworld.com/