Old 24-08-2006, 09:31 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,triangle.general
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default Poor soil (dirt) quality

"Jim Ledford" wrote in message
Mike wrote:

Jim Ledford wrote:
Mike wrote:
Jim Ledford wrote:
Mike wrote:
Srgnt Billko wrote:
synergy3000 wrote:
I moved into a new house which was built on old farm land. The
dirt

[....]
I'm not sure who the NCDACS is,

North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

but where I live the MOE recomends chicken
poop as a good alternative to synthetic fertalizers.

synthetic fertilizers suck and for the sake of
the environment ought to be banned.

And warn the unaware - not to use fresh chicken manure cause it burns the
vegetation. What are poultry farmers using for floor cover in your area ?
Hate like hell to have 75% woodchips spread over my lawn.