Old 25-08-2006, 04:20 AM posted to aus.gardens
Dave -Turner[_1_] Dave -Turner[_1_] is offline

Default Aphids on my roses, time to wage war

just spray the aphids of with a strong spray of water
wont they just return within a day or two?

then deal with the ants the most likely cause of the aphids

ants?? where do they come into the equation, by repelling other aphid-eating
insects?

also the lady bugs are most likely eating the
aphids so maybe sjut let a balance occur.

the problem is there's no balance - thousands of aphids, only a few
ladybugs. i might capture the ladybugs then just blast the bushes with a
hose

got some ideas on our remedies page for ghetting rid of ants.

interesting page thanks