Old 24-08-2006, 04:40 PM posted to austin.gardening
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] is offline

Default Retaining wall

In article ,
Cindy wrote:

Just think of all those retirees in Phoenix without their green
lawns...*snicker*
I knew a woman who moved there from Montana--their well in MT had soda
water, so they couldn't drink it or irrigate with it; they lived on a hill,
and
she couldn't keep a nice lawn. So BY GOD when she moved to AZ, she was
determined to HAVE one, even if it was in the desert. Man, if I lived there,
would have the coolest cactus garden....

Cindy

Ditto here... ;-)
The smart ones in Arizona have awesome cactus gardens, surrounded and
bedded with rock. They are gorgeous!

If it did not freeze here so badly, I could have more cactus for
landscaping. I did plant muscadine grapes and Lantana, and am studying
more about local xeriscaping. Salvia varieties are good too, as is
Mountain Laurel and Crepe Myrtle.

I can no longer afford to pay for the water for a greener yard.

Xeriscaping makes economic sense as well as ecological sense.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson