Old 24-08-2006, 09:45 PM posted to austin.gardening
Gary Brady Gary Brady is offline

Default Retaining wall

Cindy wrote:
..... If people were forced to live
sustainably instead of robbing groundwater and stealing water from other
states, half the population of California and a few others would
probably pack up and move out of the desert. Just think of all those
retirees in Phoenix without their green lawns...*snicker*...
Cindy

While on the subject of water and deserts, I'd like to plug a book that
I've read titled "Cadillac Desert" by Marc Reisner. It's a study of the
American West and the water projects that made settlement possible.
Mainly because it deals with subjects that I'm interested in, I consider
it the best non-fiction book I've ever read. It's in the librady if
anyone's interested.

--
Gary Brady
Austin, TX