Old 24-08-2006, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default A different post about Leylandii

On 24/8/06 10:26, in article ,
"Beemer" wrote:

Concerning two 40ft Leylandii planted 25 years ago by a long gone occupier
of my house in a location 4 feet over my back garden fence. Their trunks
are are only 3ft apart so they appear as one tree as one of them is leaning
into the other. They do not overhang my fence but in summer from sunrise
to around 11:00 they cast a complete shadow over my garden and patio.

The ground they are on is a grass covered "green area" with no other trees
in a Scottish private housing estate.

I did contact my local gov estates dept once saying that their lean (roots
at trunk of one are well exposed) constitued a current of eventual hazard
but they looked at it and said that in their opinion they were safe.

Can anyone give me advice on my prospects, necessary permissions etc for
getting these trees removed?

Do you own the land they're planted on? If not, how did that long ago
occupier come to plant trees on it? There are now government guidelines
relating to the height of trees causing a nuisance so I suggest you look
those up and talk to your council. But if it turns out that strip of land
belongs to you, just cut them down.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk