Old 25-08-2006, 08:09 AM posted to rec.gardens
sherwindu sherwindu is offline

Default OK to transplant 5gal Peach Tree??

They may be professionals, but they have the owners breathing down their throats
get something planted so they can sell their condominium, factory, whatever.
They
may do a careful job planting, but they certainly are not planting them at an
optimal
time if they do it in the heat of mid-summer. They may get away with it,
depending on how the trees are cared for afterwards, and how sensitive the
variety is to being
out in the blazing sun. Homeowners are not under the same pressures as
developers
who have to dress up their properties to sell them. Any professional who
advocates
planting in the hottest time of the year should have their license revoked.

Sherwin D.

Godfry wrote:

"sherwindu" wrote
Yes, and I notice many commercial plantings with lots of dead trees.
These
people are either ignorant or probably feel they will not be around
the
next
season when the trees die. Transplanting a tree is very stressful to
the
plant,
and combining that with hot weather is not really a good idea.

Sherwin D.

Well Sherwin, I hate to burst your bubble, but there are many professional
landscapers that do over 50 million in business per year.

Trees must be taken care of, if some developer is involved, you can bet
they're not buying premium to begin with. Probably buying park grade, and
has some jack leg installation. I concur there are many of these people
around, but my dealings are with professional people.

I know professionals will disagree with your thoughts of planting in hot
weather, I guess that's why they're the professionals.