Old 25-08-2006, 05:18 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,rec.gardens
Robibnikoff Robibnikoff is offline

Default And some people say there's no God...

"paghat" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:46:04 -0400, "Robibnikoff"
wrote:
- Refer:

"Jangchub" wrote in message
. ..
On 24 Aug 2006 09:35:17 -0700, "thomas p."
wrote:

Your behavior, moral or otherwise, is not what is being questioned.
Furthermore your right to believe in anything is not being questioned.
You have a right to believe in fairy tales if you want to, but you have
no right to be free from people pointing out the illogic; especially
when you present your beliefs in a public forum.

You are very disrespectful. Do what you want, but to call something I
believe in a fairytale is just obnoxious and of NO use to anyone. It
sounds like you are a fanatic who has to prove something. You haven't
shaken anything out of me. I know who I am.

Would you feel better to have them called myths? Faith is opposed to
reason and if reasonable people view myths only as that, it's not
necessarily disrespectful that many of us can be enriched by a poetic
sacred fiction without having to give up our capacity for reason.

Ahem, just for the record - I didn't write what you're replying to.
--
Robyn
Resident Witchypoo