Old 25-08-2006, 07:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
Scooter the Mighty Scooter the Mighty is offline

Default How to make a tree start a new branch?

Chris wrote:
I inquired about how to get branches to grow from a trunk. Thanks for
the various responses. I almost thought Scooter's first suggestions was
a joke (since I'm obviously a novice) but I guess not. The idea of
bending a branch back around won't work with the tree I'm most
interested in because the living branches on it are too far from the
part that needs branches. Anyway, I'll look into all the suggestions
offered.

Yeah, that's the trouble with thread grafts, it's usually too hard to
find a branch to use.