Old 25-08-2006, 07:14 PM posted to austin.gardening
James Lee Johnson James Lee Johnson is offline

Default Retaining wall

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" wrote:
I can no longer afford to pay for the water for a greener yard.

Xeriscaping makes economic sense as well as ecological sense.

Om,

Have you gotten the free booklet from Travis County? Also, the City of
Austin has some information at
www.growgreen.org .

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006, jjhnsn wrote:
I think a good way to Xeriscape is to replace difficult
or problem areas in an otherwise healthy lawn with Xeriscape landscaping.
The Travis County Extension Service will send you a Native and Adapted
Landscape Plants guide for free (supposedly $1 for non-Travis County
residents, but they never charge. Don't tell anyone else :-). Call
512-854-9600.

j jhnsn

I'm not a Texas Master Gardener, but I sleep with one.