Old 25-08-2006, 08:34 PM posted to austin.gardening
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] is offline

Default Retaining wall

In article ,
"James Lee Johnson" wrote:

I can no longer afford to pay for the water for a greener yard.

Xeriscaping makes economic sense as well as ecological sense.

Om,

Have you gotten the free booklet from Travis County? Also, the City of
Austin has some information at
www.growgreen.org .

Many thanks... :-)
I will miss my Cannas but they did badly this year with less water.
Mulch helps some and I have some leaf mulch black bag composting I'll
add to them this winter. The poor things never did bloom! Perhaps with
more composted mulch, they will do better next year. At least they are
still alive.

I will check that resource for sure. Xeriscaping is really the way to go
when we are facing yet another drought. sigh

I found a drowned female toad in the dog's water bucket this morning,
and a drowned grackle a few days ago in Pauli's water bucket. :-(

Poor things.......

Even the wildlife is suffering from lack of rain! I have water trays
under some pots so that should help them a bit! I'll just have to make
an effort to fill them more often.
--
Peace!
Om