Old 25-08-2006, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes June Hughes is offline

Default has anyone or anybody studying rhs 2? (second para of this post is OT)

In message .com, La
Puce writes

Great!! I've had tons of figs, but picked from other's gardens or
bought. I've never grew one. Funny as it's my favourite jam. Looking
for a Tamarix atm. I fell in love with them. Do you think it would be
ok in a pot/container?

I have never heard of a Tamarix but shall look it up. My fig (Brown
Turkey) is in a very large pot, the size of a small dustbin. Someone
here (Rusty, I think) suggested about three years ago planting it out in
the garden in a washing-machine drum but I haven't got round to it yet.
When it stops producing as much fruit, I shall hurry along and find a
drum and persuade someone - probably Bas - to dig me a huge hole in the
garden.
--
June Hughes