Old 19-03-2003, 11:44 PM
Nutter

Default birdies

"Fredie" wrote in message
I have just moved into my first house with a garden in London. Fantastic.

I have seen lots of birds - tits, blackbirds and so on. But no sparrows.
Anybody got any ideas about where all the sparrows are...

On the RSPB red list for endangered species :-(

Latest thoughts are that there's some chemical in petrol that acts like an
insecticide, killing off the sparrows' food supply.

That said, where we are (just outside Maidstone) they seem to be around,
though perhaps not in the numbers I remember from when I was small - you
don't see them along the telegraph wires like you used to.

Nutter
--
Allotment diary - http://www.livejournal.com/users/plot163