Old 25-08-2006, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steve[_4_] Steve[_4_] is offline

Default Is this dollar spot?

During the, now almost forgotten, long hot dry spell I tried to ensure
that my lawn was kept well watered. Even so, brown patches started to
appear and have spread. I can't see how drought could be the cause.
Could it be overwatering?

There are images at

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k8...7-1727_IMG.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k8...7-1728_IMG.jpg

I've watered it and covered it for a day to see if it's leatherjackets,
but none showed up.

The only other thing I know of as a possibility is dollar spot but it
started about a month ago and my book says that happens later in the year.

Any ideas? Whatever it is, any ideas for treating it?

TIA

Steve