Old 25-08-2006, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Irrigation and Peat Free Compost

Charlie Pridham writes
We use this same compost on the nursery, we have found most of our
plants actually grow better in it than peat but some plant groups were
a disaster like hardy geranium and have had to mix our own for those.
We always use a very heavy dose of slow release fertilizer and do no
rely on what ever is in the bag. We also use new horizon in all our big
pots outside and water once per day with thirsty plants being stood on
shallow saucers. Our main problems using NH were the change over, i.e.
adjusting the way we grew/watered, now we are used to it we get better
results and much less winter losses.

I think it's also improved over the years.

Just need someone to tell us whether we can eat the fungi that
sometimes appear in the pots!

Pretty, aren't they :-)
--
Kay