Old 26-08-2006, 08:07 AM posted to rec.gardens
John Savage John Savage is offline

Default NW weeds

"Val" writes:
wrote in message
roups.com...
Is there anyone in the Pacific Northwest who has had those weeds in
their yard that look like dandelions, and succesfully gotten rid of
them for good, and if so, how?

A focussed spray of Zero onto broadleaf weeds does the trick. Within
10 days you'll have unsightly patches of browned off weeds everywhere,
two weeks later they'll have disappeared and the lawn will have closed
over.

Those weeds you have that look like dandelions are, in all probability,
dandelions. If all the neighbors within about a twenty five mile radius
don't also get rid of theirs, you'll most likely never eliminate yours.

Too true. The little two-pronged fork with a "bulge" on its back is ideal
for levering real dandelions out of a lawn. With one deft rocking motion
the whole plant comes out. Very satisfying!

Napalm is only good for a season or two and Agent Orange is pretty much off
the market. Just keep on pulling and do it before they go to seed.

Dandelions in the lawn are frequently an indicator that your soil in that
area is badly compacted and/or poorly drained.

I know the OP asked about the weeds that only look like dandelions, and
yes we have them here in Australia.