Old 26-08-2006, 05:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
sherwindu sherwindu is offline

Default Wasps: Muddabbers and Yellow Jackets

Seems like the general opinion is that wasps are carnivourous. Well, I must
have some meaty Redhaven Peaches, as wasps were all over them gorging
themselves.
My method was to put up wasp traps and bait them with a little apple juice. I
was
emptying these traps daily when the tree was full of peaches. If you can find
the nest, destroy it with the proper sprays.

Sherwin D.

The Ranger wrote:

[posted to ba.garden, too--TR]

Damnation and Brimstone!

These pests are raiding my beef steak, Brandywine, and cherry toms!
They're also doing a number on my brand new basil and what's left of my
chives! Besides bring out the Big Bertha cannon (Ortho's
will-shoot-25-feet-with-dead-eye-precision power-spray oil), is there a
more natural, less catastrophic, method of sending these pest on their
way? (The oil is very affective but it kills anything it hits.)

The Ranger