Old 26-08-2006, 04:54 PM
gasdoctor gasdoctor is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Its ok on the leaves,Wash the plums tho. Depends on whether there is a
fungus on your apple tree. Copper sulphate is an old time fungicide,
still fairly effective on some fungi.
gasdoctor wrote:
Hi,

Ive just sprayed my plum and cherry with murphys traditional copper
fungicide, using the dose recommended. (My plum had canker earlier in
the season)

Its left a blue-ish powder on the leaves (copper), I havent used this
before, so is this OK or should I wash it off.

Also is it worth giving my apple a spray?

Cheers

Ed

--
gasdoctor

Thanks,

One other question: Copper is a fungicide but does it have anti-bacterial actions as I was under the impression that canker can be cuased by bacteria? Though the RHS site recommends copper for canker on fruit trees.
Just checking Im applying a correct therapy.

Ed