Old 26-08-2006, 01:36 PM posted to aus.gardens
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Aphids on my roses, time to wage war

"ant" wrote in message

Speaking of mongrel ants who bring nasties to things (like trees),

how can
you slaughter large numbers of them? I have a larger problem, with

ants and
sticky stuff and trees/bushes slowly struggling against them.

As Len (rightly) mentioned, the ants come for the sticky stuff. There
will be some sort of bug on your trees which is causing the sticky
exudate.

What sort of trees and do they have sooty mould? Sooty mould looks
just like black soot.