Old 26-08-2006, 03:28 PM posted to austin.gardening
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] is offline

Default Cannas Landscaping

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

I have 'Tropicana,' 'Striped,' and 'Pretoria.' These grow beautifully
in water. They are flowering since April and I have these same in the
ground near the pool which is always getting water because we hose it
off when the tree drops debris.

I don't know the names of mine, but the main ones are a bright lemon
yellow and I have a few that are red with yellow lips.

I'll keep that in mind when I finally get a pond in. ;-)

I think part of the problem is lack of mulch. Every winter when they
froze back and I'd cut them down, I'd lay all the cut stalks on top of
the ground over the rhizomes and let them rot down.

I quit doing that a couple of years ago, and since then, the health and
size of the plants has deteriorated.

I have several bags of leaf mulch now that have been bagged for close to
a year. I'll drag a couple of those up front and dump them on top of
them and wet it well, then see what happens. ;-)

These are planted along side my driveway and the bed is a good 15 years
or so old.
--
Peace!
Om