Old 26-08-2006, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Hogg Chris Hogg is offline

Default Help with rescuing sick shrub!

On 26 Aug 2006 09:40:58 -0700, "sfby"
wrote:

Hi

I've got some sort of non-flowering variegated shrub (1.5m diameter, 1m
height) which has been fine for the last 6 years (since we bought the
house), but has now developed a white-ish fungus on most of its
branches & twigs. Also, its foliage is much thinner than in previous
years - I can actually see all the way through it at the moment.

I appreciate this isn't much information to go on, but any advice on
dealing with the fungus would be gratefully received!

TIA

Paul

Probably mildew, much more prevalent on shrubs etc. in hot dry
weather. There's not much point in doing anything now, as autumn's not
far away and the weather will be wetter and cooler. Next year, keep it
watered when it's hot and dry.

--
Chris