Old 26-08-2006, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,alt.home.cleaning,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Donna in Texas Donna in Texas is offline

Default picking blackberries stain on shirt

Oh my goodness. The advice to put stained clothing in the sun really brings
an old memory.

When I was a girl, we used to lay out stained clothing on the roof of the
pump house. (It was about 6 ft tall at the bottom of the eave.) Sometimes
we would put lemon juice on before we put it up there. I even put my white
tennis shoes up there after we washed them.

Periodically I'd go out and check the progress. Sometimes I was pleased and
sometimes I wasn't.

Usually laying it on the pump house was a last resort. I remember I had
just made a pretty pink checked gingham dress with smocking, and my Mother
scorched it right in front when she ironed it before I wore it the first
time. Well, the pump house trick worked, but it was a squeaker.

:-) Donna