Old 27-08-2006, 02:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
danny danny is offline

Default Very high-intensity flourescent lights

I think you're talking about the T5 fluorescent lights. I got a fixture at
a local hydroponics store but haven't gotten it hooked up yet, need to
rearrange part of the orchid room to clear out space for it. At least one
person in our society is using them and is happy with the results. I've
seen a reference to a good mail-order source but I can't find that
newsletter right now.
-danny

"OrchidKitty" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm bringing in the Catts that have summered outdoors. They grew. Not
all of them will fit under the HID lights/south-facing window anymore.
I've heard there's a new high-intensity flourescent light that is
suitable for Catts and Dendrobiums. Does anyone have any experience
with them? Know a good place to buy them?