Old 27-08-2006, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Saxman Saxman is offline

Default Bay trees - browning leaves

Mary Fisher wrote:

I thought about asking a similar question but was too ashamed!

My little bay which has been very healthy for the last four years has lost some
leaves and most others are either brown or partly brown. There are some new,
bright green leaves so I'm hopeful for it. It certainly wasn't lack of water in my
case but it's a sad puzzle, I'd hate to lose it.

There haven't been any flies round it.

I thought that it would revel in this summer's sunshine but it didn't get much,
being shaded by raspberry canes.

I am having the same problem. My bay has stood in a pot in the same position for
years, and it has been losing quite a lot of leaves for a couple of months.

I am putting it down to the recent hot weather. Hopefully it will recover.